Turracher Höhe is a winter paradise – a very individual ski resort on the border between Carinthia and Styria
A winter vacation on the Turracher Höhe is one thing above all: varied. This tourist destination at an altitude of 1,763 meters is a multi-faceted winter paradise with snowy runs (up to 2,205 meters), wide ranging cross country skiing tracks, unique winter hiking routes and an idyllic mountain lake.
The holiday destination Turracher Höhe is therefore the perfect winter vacation region, not only for skiers but also for snowboarders, cross country skiers, winter and snow shoe hikers, walkers, ski mountaineers, skaters and night tobogganers.
The winter sport region Turracher Höhe offers great conditions for your winter sports:
- 42 kilometers of varied snow runs with varying degrees of difficulty: 14 km easy (blue), 24,5 km medium difficulty (red), 3,5 km difficult (black)
- 14 cable cars and ski lifts (one combi lift with a 6-person chair lift and an 8-seater cabin, four 6-person chair lifts, one 2-person chair lift, 7 drag lifts and one rope tow)
- opening times for the slopes: 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- ski schools in the near
- ski-equipment rental
- snow park 1,5 km long (at an altitude of 2030 meters) and with a beginner line, medium line and an advanced line, including waveboxes, rails and kickers
- funslope: at 850 meters, one of the longest in the world, a succession of waves, steep curves and smaller jumps. Including a snow tunnel and various obstacles (with tub, butter box and another tunnel) and a final giant snail
- nighttime skiing on Wednesdays from 8 – 9.30 p.m. at the practice lift
- cross-country trails (15 km trails from easy to demanding)
- Nocky Flitzer: spectacular alpine roller coaster for large and small après ski tobogganers (1.6 km long)
- skating and curling on the lake Turrach
- winter hiking trails (25 km trails)
- guided snow shoe tours
- ski tours
- nighttime tobogganing on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 p.m t0 9.30 p.m. at the Sonnenbahn chair lift
- “Alpin+Art+Gallery” museum with special exhibitions
Book your winter holiday now!
Yours Family Degold & the Turracherhof team